May 30, 2013
I stopped getting engaged long time ago.
In fact I’ve never been really engaged.
Let me explain why.
Usually people get engaged because they are in love. So far, everybody seems to agree.
Obviously it is a mere illusion. After all, it has never happened that everybody would agree about something, not even about death.
Moreover, love is a questionable feeling, it certainly has nothing to do with what is called ‘engagement’ because I believe that it is impossible to love one and only one person, whether for a moment or always. Also you have to love yourself first before loving someone else, so you always love a minimum of two people.
When I love somebody, I love somebody. Enough. Stop.
But what is it?
Let me explain what I mean through some definitions about what is ‘ENGAGEMENT’:
- ILLUSORY AGREEMENT OF PROPERTY . Attempt to link and condemn on your side forever the person you ‘love’;
- FEAR OF SOLITUDE. Desperate for a certainty, to never be alone;
- DON’T LOVE YOURSELF. Need to define yourself within a ‘official’ relationship;
- SOURCE OF PRIDE. Attempt to increase self-esteem through the eyes of others;
- WIFE AND MISTRESS. Security of being loved by someone and being able to have sex with someone else;
- SOMEONE WHO IS WAITING FOR YOU FOREVER. Need to know that there is someone who is there for you when you go back home from work, college or one of your cheatings;
- FEELING YOURSELF IMPORTANT FOR SOMEONE. Need to feel important for someone more than for yourself;
- FEELING USEFUL. Provide for a lack of self-esteem feeling useful for someone else;
- HYPOCRISY. Hypocritical self-belief that you need only that person;
- ILLUSION. Delude yourself and the other person to be born to be together forever;
- PROMOTER OF CONSUMISM. Spending money at Christmas, Valentine’s Day, anniversary, month anniversary, first-film anniversary, first-kiss, first-time anniversary…
- END OF DIET. End of an endless diet;
- FICTION. Fake satisfaction and happiness;
- SEX INSURED. Security of being able to have sex when you want without having to pay anyone or relying on ‘unknown’ or being judged;
- LOVE INSURED. Receiving always affection, deserved or not;
- CHEATING INSURED. Voluntary imprisonment of themselves that makes cheating juicy.
And this is ‘LOVE’:
- A BEAUTIFUL DREAM
- BEING UNDERSTOOD
- A LETTER
- A DROP OF SWEAT
- DRIVING A MOTORCYCLE
- A MEETING
- A FIGHT
- LOOKING THE SKY
- A CONCERT
- READING BOOK
- A SMILE
- A HUG
- A JOURNEY
- A FILM
- A SONG
- RIDING A BIKE
- HAVING SEX
- MAKING LOVE
Loving is living.
Loving is not to be engaged.
And being engaged does not mean to love.
And there’s no need to tell you that ‘to live’ is a collective verb.
Love! = Live! = Love yourself and who lives with you!